[Gambas-user] Dynamic processes and killing them

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Jul 19 05:43:58 CEST 2003

On Friday 18 July 2003 23:08, Brian Snipes wrote:
> clicked on.  There is also a delete button that I want to remove the
> list item and kill the process that goes along with that item.  I can't
> seem to figure out how to determine how to remove this process.  Here is
>         EXEC ["ping", txtInsert.text] FOR READ AS myProcess
>       TRY Process.kill(myPid)

Process.Kill isn't static, so you would need to be using myProcess.kill (with
no argument.)

Also, every time you insert a new process you're overwriting your public
myProcess variable and thus losing the reference to the previous ping, so
maybe you want to be doing an array or collection of process objects rather
than just the one.

Rob