[Gambas-user] starting automatically: gambas project

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Fri Jul 18 13:38:32 CEST 2003

Le Vendredi 18 Juillet 2003 13:15, Samuel Derous a écrit :
> Hey there,
>
> I have written a gambas project, but I want that project to be started
> immediately after I logged into my graphical interface, but off cource, if
> I put him into the startup directory from .kde, I get the question, that he
> doesn't know wich program he has to use to open it... How can it be
> possible that this program automatically starts when I start KDE?
>
> Greetz,
> Samuel

As long as KDE knows nothing about gambas executable, you can't start a gambas
executable directly - Note that you can do it in a shell.

But there is a workaround: create into your startup directory a new "link to
an application" (the menu entry with a gearing icon in the "create new..."
entry in the popup menu of Konqueror). This a .desktop file.

Then define the command of this link as the path to the program you want to
start, and that's all.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...