[Gambas-user] writing large files crashes gambas

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jul 17 21:50:00 CEST 2003

I have written (and am currently testing) a program that captures MPEG video
from my USB capture device.  I let it go while I went to lunch, and when I
came back it had terminated with signal 27 (I think it was) and the file it
had created was exactly 2GB.  So I'm thinking Gambas keeps track of how many
bytes you've written as a signed integer and that 27 is an overflow error.
The filesystem it was getting written to supports much larger files, of
course.  I could see raising an error, but the message I got said something
about terminating unexpectedly and reporting a bug.

Next I'm going to try replacing the Open Filename For Create As Savefile with
Exec [ "bash", "-c", "cat >" & Savefile ] For Write As Saveprocess and see if
that's subject to the same issues (I was also operating mplayer over another
process object and feeding it th same video so I'm guessing it's okay.)

Rob