[Gambas-user] Re: Gambas and media files

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jul 17 05:51:09 CEST 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 13:39, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> But you can play videos in Gambas with mplayer this way:
> 1) Create a form with a void Label named lblMPlayer, for example.
> 2) Do: EXEC [ "mplayer", "-wid", lblMPlayer.Id, "myvideo.avi" ]

I just tried to do this, but (at least in Gambas 0.62) controls don't have the
Id property.

Also, I made a form and used it like a control in another form, and when I
looked at its Id property it was zero.  When I display the form on its own it
gets an Id (in the 4 million range) and when I start the mplayer process,
that form blinks for a second, and you can hear the sound from mplayer, but
the video doesn't seem to make it into the form window.

It's all right to display mplayer in its own window for now for what I'm
doing, but it sounds like the Id property stuff might be a little funny right
now.

Rob