[Gambas-user] GAMBAS DOES NOT START

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Jul 17 04:39:49 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 18:25, Fabien BODARD wrote:
> On mandrake the better is to use directly the source and compile it.

Nah, there's never an excuse to install anything outside the RPM system if
you're running an RPM'based distribution.... IMHO ;)

Seriously, I just bought a video capture thingy that needed a non-standard
kernel module built to get it to work.... and I never even installed the
kernel module until I had first built an RPM of it.  Installing straight from
tarballs is Evil(tm).

Anyway, someone had this same problem compiling from source in Suse on 5/10
with Gambas 0.54, and no one responded to his complaint (I hadn't seen the
problem myself, and still haven't) so I'm thinking it's neither a problem
with my RPM nor with Gambas 0.62, but with some dependency I didn't manage to
get in my RPM.

Rob