[Gambas-user] Let's make a stable release of Gambas

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Wed Jul 16 22:46:18 CEST 2003

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>Le Mardi 8 Juillet 2003 22:53, Rob a écrit :
>

>>On Tuesday 08 July 2003 16:13, Charlie wrote:
>>

>>>Is It possible ( like in VB ) to have the choice to do it in SDI or MDI ?
>>>

>>This was one of the things I hope to do in my non-official Gambas.
>>

>>>And one of my favorits, is a tool in the IDE to 'pretty print' the souce
>>>code for more readabillity (<- arg...is that english ?) without too much
>>>keyboard working.
>>>

>>It was closer to English than a lot of Americans ever manage.  One of the
>>things I liked most about VB's editor was how it would change the
>>capitalization of the symbols after you leave a line, so you'd know
>>immediately if you'd mistyped something.  But I'm wondering if it would tie
>>the Gambas editor too closely to the Gambas interpreter.
>>

>I think VB achieves that by partly compiling the code as you type it. I can't
>do that in Gambas, because everything is separated: interpreter, compiler,
>IDE. In VB, everything is the same program, so it is easier for them to have
>done that !
>

>>>I made one  in gambas, but if you could include such one in the gambas -
>>>editor it will be more powerfull.
>>>

>>Make it a library and I'll certainly try to jam it into my non-Gambas ;)
>>

>If you have made a Gambas "pretty-printer" that works, send it me, and I will
>add it in the Tool menu of the IDE.
>

>>>Oh yes the gambas - editor, hes not bad, but is more 1994 stile, when
>>>DOS was the king. But never mind !
>>>

>>The first thing I do whenever I install Gambas on a fresh machine is change
>>all the editor colors.... black text, white background, green comments,
>>blue symbols.... and Vera Sans Mono as the font.... do that and I bet it
>>won't feel like a DOS editor anymore ;)
>>

>This remark gives me an idea :-)
>

>>Rob

Salut Benoît and Rob and all you out there listening gambas-user,

send you my Gambas "pretty-printer" and for all you others too.
I last testeed it under 0.58 today , hope I cleared it up so that all
comments are real comments or
code whos comment out, because he's to activate if you use him in the IDE.

Actually I spent my spare time to set up my new box with gentoo 1.4 and
I found out (today) that my
box has a hardware problem with the 'Motherboard System Timer' which
brought me laste three weeks several System freez and I spented a lot of
time to find this out.

Released from this problem, even it is not solved I gave me a 'good
time' and had a review to the pretty printer under gambas.

But only on a old version 0.58  ( since this version my old SuSE 7.2,
could no more compile newer gambas versions)

For any problem or question I hope I will find some time to answer you.

Read the source-code for changes to make

Hope you enjoy

amicalement
Charlie