[Gambas-user] Re: Gambas and media files

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Mon Jul 14 19:39:29 CEST 2003

Le Dimanche 13 Juillet 2003 16:48, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I didn't see any references to playing a sound file, displaying graphics or
> animation/video files. Can this be done within the Gambas environment? How
> easy is it to distribute Gambas apps? I have been interested in Linux but
> have been waiting for a VB like development environment before jumping in.
>
> thanks.
>
> Jim Allison

Hi Jim,

There is nothing completely integrated in Gambas for that at the moment.

But you can play videos in Gambas with mplayer this way:

1) Create a form with a void Label named lblMPlayer, for example.
2) Do: EXEC [ "mplayer", "-wid", lblMPlayer.Id, "myvideo.avi" ]

If you want to control mplayer, it has a slave mode.

EXEC [ "mplayer", "-wid", lblMPlayer.Id, "-slave", "myvideo.avi" ] FOR WRITE
AS #hProcess

hProcess.Send("pause\n") ' Pause the movie

Type "man mplayer" to get all the commands.

To run a gambas app on a computer, this computer need having gambas installed.
If this is done, then you just have to copy your executable to distribute it.
Everything is included inside.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...