[Gambas-user] Embedded Database

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Jul 9 00:36:59 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 17:52, Nelson Ferraz wrote:
> One of the advantages of SQLite is the small memory footprint: less than
> 25K lines of C code. (http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/)

I see that SQLite also keeps all its tables in one big file (which has its
advantages and disadvantages, but for distributing Gambas apps I would think
the advantages would be greater) and supports subqueries already (mysql won't
get that till the next version, though it's been pushed back for 3 major
releases already.)

So there's definitely a lot more merit to SQLite than I gave it credit for,
though again I suspect it may be faster/easier to just jam embedded MySQL
support in there since there's already normal MySQL support.  I'd be happy
working with either one, I think.

Rob