[Gambas-user] interpreter?

Jochen Georges jochen.georges at ...22...
Wed Jan 22 21:31:27 CET 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 21:45, you wrote:
> Le Lundi 20 Janvier 2003 14:34, Jochen Georges a écrit :
> > hi benoit and gambas-gourmets,

...snip

> The interpreter loads in memory the files generated by the
> compiler, and then executes them, as needed. The functions and
> sub you have typed in the editor became "gambas p-code". The
> gambas p-code is like an assembler that can be interpreted by the
> gambas interpreter only. Nothing is transformed into C++, nor
> executed directly by the processor.

thanks for that answer, it is a bit clearer for me now.
but two questions left:

111
the gambas source is compiled and then interpreted?

222

a gambas component is written in c++:
it is an interface between gambas and qt
it translates this
	 Button1 Button
	    X = 8
	    Y = 96
	    Width = 304
	    Height = 80
	    Text = "Button1"
to that
	Knopf::Knopf( QWidget* parent = 0, const char* name = 0 ) :
	   QWidget(parent, name) {
	        btn = new QPushButton( this, "btn");
	        btn->setGeometry(8, 96, 304, 80);
	        btn->setText( tr( "Button1" ) );
	        connect( btn, SIGNAL(clicked()), this,
		SLOT(whateverText()));
	} //knopf

if this is right,

who starts the translations, the compiler or the interpreter?

thanks for any hint.

beste gruesse
jochen