[Gambas-user] $, # and DIM

Jochen Georges jochen.georges at ...22...
Wed Jan 22 20:42:45 CET 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 22:02, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le Mardi 21 Janvier 2003 21:13, jochen.georges at ...22... a écrit :
> > hello gambasians,
> >
> > three litle questions:
> >
> > 111
> > what does a "$" mean as the first character of a variables
> > name?
>
> In Gambas, you can't put a "$" in the beginning of a variable
> name ! Or dou you mean the LAST character ?
> Or am I wrong, and it is a compiler bug then.

sorry, i wrote the mail not at my computer, so i confounded § and $.

so, again:
what does a § in front of a variable mean?
PRIVATE §hExpr AS NEW Expression

what does a # in front of a variable mean?
OPEN FileName FOR READ AS #FileName

thanks for any hint.

best egruesse
jochen