[Gambas-user] gambas Process (next)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 19 18:24:35 CET 2003

Le Samedi 18 Janvier 2003 23:26, Charlie a écrit :
> Salut Benoit,

Hi, Charlie

> another question about the gambas Process.
>
> First I toughte I have to wait after calling a
> EXEC <code> FOR READ WRITE AS <Process>
> wait <sec.>
>
> then I found out, I can also write
> EXEC <code> WAIT FOR READ WRITE AS <Process>
>
> now I think a
> EXEC <code> FOR READ WRITE AS <Process>
> is enought .
>
> I this right that FOR READ WRITE AS <Process> returns at the end of
> execution, or is  he threated and can return while executed.
>
> Have you any hint about calling Processes, because i want to open a
> process calling mySQL, and then
> work with Process.send(<code>).

You have an example of how to use the Process class in the example directory
of the source package. The example is named Console. It tries to catch the
bash input/output, and so does not work very well, as this needs a real
terminal emulator.

You can also read the the FDebug.class source code in the IDE source code
directory.

> Till now all I tried was half and half.
>
> Thanks Charlie

Benoît Minisini