[Gambas-user] Test on Woody 3.0 - KDE3 libs conflict with QT3 libs

Jean-Marc Varvenne jean-marc.varvenne at ...27...
Fri Jan 3 02:18:01 CET 2003

Happy New Year to everybody !

Hello Benoît,

bad news about the 0.40 and 0.41 versions.  On a pure Woody 3.0 system,
it seems to be impossible to have QT3 libs and KDE3 libs in the same time.

When I'm trying to install the KDE3 libs, apt-get removes the QT3 libs:

> LocalMachine:~# apt-get install kdelibs-dev
> Reading Package Lists...
> Building Dependency Tree...
>   libkmid-dev libpng2-dev libqt-dev uic
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libpng-dev libqt3-dev libqt3-mt-dev qt3-tools
>   kdelibs-dev libkmid-dev libpng2-dev libqt-dev uic
> 0 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 4 to remove and 23  not upgraded.
> Need to get 0B/4633kB of archives. After unpacking 7209kB will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Abort.

Searching the Debian site for some help, I found this article:
 > http://www.davidpashley.com/debian-kde/faq.html#id2785940

-- extract
1.2 Where is KDE3 for Woody/Stable?

KDE3 will never become part of the Woody distribution itself. This is
because Woody is stable, and only security updates are allowed into the
stable distribution. However, you can get KDE 3.0.4 packages for woody
using the source.list line below. No guarantees are made about these
packages, though, and you're probably better off just upgrading to Sarge
or Sid.

deb http://download.[country code].kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/woody ./

-- end extract

I'm looking for a solution.......