[Gambas-user] Weird error with Journalized systems...Mdk9.2

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Dec 30 21:05:02 CET 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 20:36, Luke Cliff wrote:
> Hello Users List,
>                   I have noticed a strange error, similar to an error
> noticed before on this list, the error occurs "sometimes" when the
> program has a serious error, like "file not found", where the GUI
> blanks out lines of code in the code listing GUI, the only way around
> the bug, is to use you cursor to "run" up and then down the whole code
> listing GUI, to again see the code, or in worst cases shut down Gambas,
> and reopen the project, I'm running 0.74 on Mandrake 9.2, the only thing
> that changed on the computer is the file system...I had ext2 "Native",
> for another problem with Disk caches and had no problems with this
> particular bug in Gambas. I noticed the bug back again
> in "ext3 Journalized"...
>
> Regards Luke

Hi, Luke.

I think this bug has nothing to do with the file system. It is a bug in the
Gambas source code editor that is present since the early beginning of
Gambas!

The Gambas source code editor is based on Qt 2.0 editor widget source code,
which has many bugs. And I didn't wan't to fix them, because I will rewrite
it in the future by using the QT 3.0 editor widget source code - which is
completely new. Maybe Trolltech found the old one buggy too :-)

You are the first people that noticed this drawing bug ! Or the other are more
conciliatory ;-)

Note: there are similar drawing bugs in the TreeView. Sometimes, it is not
correctly redrawn...

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...