[Gambas-user] Another possible change...

daniel danielcampos at ...277...
Mon Dec 15 21:34:12 CET 2003

> > Daniel Campos
>
> I never reversed a string in all my life :-),

I've reversed strings since the first day I began to work
with computers ... :-)

>  so could you tell me what is the
> use of such a function ?

 When extracting data from special devices like commercial scales
or remote-controlled engines or sensors, you have to think that they can
have a very poor (and cheap) proccessor, so they do not spend time
in usual operations in big computers: for example, they can send you
a 4 byte integer in the "wrong" order, so you have to change the
byte order, or they can send strings stored in the "wrong" order,
so you receive first the end of the string. Think that some 8 bits
proccessors  can add an unit to a pointer, but they can not directly
reduce an unit, so the time to implement to that operation could be
big...

Regards,

Daniel Campos