[Gambas-user] Another possible change...

Nelson Ferraz nferraz at ...184...
Mon Dec 15 17:21:54 CET 2003

Benoit Minisini wrote:
>>BTW, does Gambas use exclamation points (!) for anything?
>
> Yes. Didn't you read the doc ? ;-)

Oh, I did look for "exclamation" in the wiki, but found nothing:

http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/bin/search/Gambas/?scope=text&search=exclamation

(Perhaps it's mentioned elsewhere)

> AnObject!Something <=> AnObject["Something"]

Perhaps it could be changed to accommodate a new use, just like the "?:"
operator in Perl6, which was changed to "??::", so that:

   $a ? $b : $c

becomes

   $a ?? $b :: $c

"The basic problem is that the old ?: operator wastes two very useful
single characters for an operator that is not used often enough to
justify the waste of two characters. It's bad Huffman coding, in other
words." - Larry Wall, Apocalypse 3

--
[]s

Nelson