[Gambas-user] About changes in ListView, TreeView & ColumnView

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Dec 14 13:01:32 CET 2003

Hi everyone,

I just want to warn you that I'm going to change the interface of the three
controls: ListView, TreeView & ColumnView.

The Current property will not return a virtual reference to an item anymore,
but:
- The key of the selected item if *.Mode=Single.
- The key of the current item otherwise.

The Item property will return a virtual reference to an item referenced by an
"internal" cursor. This internal cursor will be set to:
- The *.Current item by default.
- The item concerned by the event in an event handler.
- The resulting item after a call to *.Item.Move*

The *.Item.Move* may be renamed, by removing the Move prefix in the method
name.

The current interface is a bit incoherent, so I want to change it.

I want to change the Dir$() function. Instead of behaving like the VB one, I
want it to return a Array of file names. This way, it will be simpler to
browser a directory. What do you think about that ?

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...