[Gambas-user] Catching events from dynamic control form

Jake Stookey jstookey at ...43...
Tue Dec 9 01:37:00 CET 2003

Mandrake Linux 9.2
Gambas Version 0.72 built from source

Hello,
   I recently started playing with Gambas and it's
really wonderful (from a VB 6 user).

  I have one question.  I would like to be able to
capture an event raised by a control form that I have
dynamically added to my main form (using NEW).

  I was able to dynamically add a button control to
the main form and capture events from the button by
declaring the button -- AS "MyButton" -- and captuting
the event in -- SUB MyButton_Click --.  However, I was
unable to recreate this functionality in a control
form that I created myself.

Here are the few lines of code that demonstrate my
problem.

My main form starts out completely blank, so that I
can add my control to it:

' ---------- Fmain form -------------
PRIVATE FormControl AS Fsub

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
  ' Add control form Fsub as a control on form Fmain
at run-time
  FormControl = NEW Fsub(ME) AS "SubForm"
  FormControl.Left = 0
  FormControl.Top = 0
END

PUBLIC SUB SubForm_MyEvent()
  Message("Hello!")
END

The Fsub form has a single button on it called button1
' ---------- Fsub control form -------------
' Fsub form
EVENT MyEvent()

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
  RAISE MyEvent()
END

The problem is that Fmain never captures the MyEvent.
Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,
Jake Stookey

PS: You can download my small project from here if
that's easier:

http://www.jstookey.com/eventtest.tar.gz