[Gambas-user] gambas and DB-components

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Fri Aug 29 21:15:17 CEST 2003

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>Le Jeudi 28 Août 2003 22:30, Charlie a écrit :
>

>>Salut Benoît,
>>
>>it is not possible (gambas-0.64a) to compile gambas, if  you use
>>--disable-db-component.
>>You see at make install that the DB-manger is compiled and it at the end
>>you finish with an ERROR at mysql.
>>
>>Try it !
>>
>>What shell I do if I want gambas, but dont need any DB ?
>>
>>amicalement
>>Charlie
>>

>Did you "uninstall" the previous version, i.e. remove /opt/gambas before
>reinstalling ?

Salut Benoît,

it was a 'first' installation, on a new installed gentoo Box, who has no
mysql and no pgsql installed yet.
I installed the 0.64a with --disable-db-component . (see the output at
make install attached)

I seams that gambas works, but there is gb.db as component and the
failed message at the end of make install.

For 'uninstall' I never uninstalled a older gambas-version, I allways
use /opt/gambas/gambas-0.xx for making a new version. The older versions
kick away if I see thwe new one workes.

Should I uninstall older versions ???

Amicalement Charlie