[Gambas-user] RPG Board

Devilyn wizardmansite at ...43...
Sat Aug 23 04:01:45 CEST 2003

Hello,
Ok I want to make a tile based board. So I figure I would use a image box or picture box.
So I figure that if I made a array the size of a small box maybe 32X32. with diffrent numbers in it to hold values.. like 1 for tile A, 2 for tile B, 3 for tile C.
Now I know in Microsoft Visual Basic you use the API call BITBLT to cut out one tile at a time out of a tileset like a big .bmp file with about 26 tiles in it. In Gambas is it possible or do I have to cut all my tiles into peices. So I have 1 tile in each .bmp file. Also what do I have to do to put the tiles in a picture box using a array? This is just a start for me.
If anyone knows or can make a small demo with this It would be of a great help. I have no Idea how to paste several difftrent tiles into a picture box with gambas. If I can make a small board out of several tiles and save the array number deal into a text file it can be used in a game that is 2d tile based. but how is it done?
            Devilyn