[Gambas-user] File access "System error, Illegal seek"

DHoll28158 at ...87... DHoll28158 at ...87...
Sun Aug 17 20:59:58 CEST 2003

In a message dated 8/17/2003 11:27:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94... writes:

> I didn't know you could INPUT# directly from a device (which is what you're
>
> accessing, not a file.)  I thought you had to open it as READ WRITE WATCH or
>
> something like that.

After working with my code for a while I noticed that the INPUT statement was
not getting all of  the buffer data. If I clicked the read button four times,
it cleared the buffer. Then I could click the write button without getting
the error.

I changed to LINE INPUT and that solved the problem.

As far as readng directly from a device. I think the driver "ttySx" looks
like a file to the system.

Dan