[Gambas-user] article for devx.com

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sun Aug 17 00:26:50 CEST 2003

On Saturday 16 August 2003 18:06, stibs at ...6... wrote:
> [[10.  Migration tools from Eudora/Outlook to Kmail/Evolution. Although
> some solutions exist, there's no enterprise level GUI-driven solution for
> moving Exchange email to an open source counterpart.]]

I'm on my way out to dinner, but just wanted to mention that I migrated my
Eudora mail to kmail just by pointing kmail at my old Eudora folder.  They
use the same format to save their mail ("mbox").

On the other hand, my partner was using Outlook 97 to read his mail, and while
I got his mail over to evolution, the contacts came across horribly messed
up.  Mozilla was able to import them fine but evolution also messes up
contacts imported from Mozilla and he doesn't like Mozilla 1.1 mail.  Maybe
this will work better in more current versions.

Sorry for the OT content, more relevant comments later.

On another note, it sounds like Russell asked Stibs and Nelson/myself for two
different articles, so maybe I'll track down that free VB edition Charlie
mentioned and try to get it going under crossover.

Rob