[Gambas-user] SoundHack gambas library - try it out

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Aug 13 19:35:46 CEST 2003

OK, I took that script I posted earlier and embedded it in a Gambas library.
You can grab it at

http://www.kudla.org/index.php?wl_mode=more&wl_eid=30

Running it will give you a demo form where you can load and trigger up to 4
different samples.  (You can use 0 through 7 as your slots, I think.  Sorry,
I don't have error checking in there presently.)

Once again, you need perl-SDL installed but as long as you have a working
Frozen Bubble installation you should be good.  If some of you guys who have
expressed interest in game writing could try this out and let me know your
problems, I'd appreciate it.  Remember that this is just a hacky temporary
measure for dealing with sound until after 1.0 when the concept of a proper
SDL component can be revisited.

Rob