[Gambas-user] Re: linux and ...the lack of Visual Basic...and the comunity of devX.com

L Alberto Melgar Garcia amelgar at ...207...
Tue Aug 12 14:34:25 CEST 2003

Russell Jones escribió:
> By the project author's own admission, Gambas is not code-compatible
> with VB. Gambas is an interesting project; however, it's not going to
> attract many VB programmers unless you can directly import most or all
> of their existing code. You might be able to gain a few developers
> switching to Linux though, and I'm perfectly willing to let you write an
> article on Gambas if you like--introducing it to the DevX programming
> community and probably to some open source proponents as well. Let me
> know if you're interested in that. Anything you write should definitely
> show code examples--and should definitely compare those examples to
> equivalent Visual Basic code.
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention,
> Russell Jones,
> Executive Editor,
> DevX.com

Sorry, but I am a gambas begeaner and my english is too bad to write an article,
(even a mail like this one :) )...but maybe someone at the gambas list would
like do it ;)