[Gambas-user] Gambas fundation ?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Tue Aug 5 21:56:35 CEST 2003

Le Mardi 5 Août 2003 17:47, Henri Girard a écrit :
> I give my opinion as we are in a country of liberty !!!! (that's not so
> sure nowadays ...)
> If gambas deal with money I stop being interested !
> I am anti-capitalist and in france, fundation is the right way of
> deturning... laws !!!
> Well somebody said :" if I would like to make money I wouldn't create a
> fundation but a firm...
> well not sure that's works ???? " I mean in France !
> Enjoy
> HG

If I want to earn my life with Gambas (this would be a great thing), I have
several possibilities, like creating my own company to sell services for
example.

But my idea of a "fundation" (I didn't find a better name) is simply a way to
collect little gifts without the weight of creating and managing a real
structure that have the "moral personality" (it is the juridic term in
France, I think - correct me if I'm wrong). At the moment, I prefer spending
more time on coding than on public relations.

If gifts become important, I think the tax collectors will yell :-) But if the
amount of gifts is not important (I don't think somebody will give me
thousands of dollars), there will be no problem.

This money is not for letting me live ! It is just to allow me to buy useful
software or hardware for Gambas without ruining me :-). And it is a way for
non technical Gambas users to symbolically help the project.

And as for the anti-capitalist thing... I don't want to begin a political
debate, even if I love them :-) I just want to give a few remarks about
that...

- Capitalism needs money, but we can use money without using capitalism.

- Capitalism is money + interest, i.e. a system that allows people having
money to earn more money without doing anything - This is the power of
capital !

- Money existed at the time of egyptian pharaohs. But you can't say that they
were capitalists !

- Usury (i.e. interest) is forbidden in many religions : for example, in the
Coran, in "the cow", verse #275, #276, #278... Why ?

- Money give more money just because of the bank system.

- I don't think I'm a evil capitalist just because I want to let people give
money to the project ;-)

- Microsoft had had a project to replace the international bank system by its
own (for its profit of course), but it didn't succeed - maybe they have found
stronger than them ! So, if you are anti-capitalist, write a free program -
in Gambas :-) - that allows anybody making secure transactions via a network
without the need of a centralized bank system. It could help :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...