[Gambas-user] stand-alone Gambas

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Aug 5 17:08:03 CEST 2003

We can already make stand-alone executable files of our Gambas projects.
Would it be possible to build a "static" version of Gambas that includes all
the lib.gb.* linked into it statically somehow?  Then, in turn, we could work
on packaging that executable into Gambas archives and before you know it we'd
have an answer to the "how to easily distribute Gambas apps" problem posed by
the Croatians in Benoit's initial email about the foundation.

I don't know how much the internals of Gambas would be affected by this kind
of thing or I'd post it to Gambas-devel.

Rob