[Gambas-user] Gambas fundation ?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Tue Aug 5 10:23:17 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 4 Août 2003 23:31, Nelson Ferraz a écrit :
> > I want to create a sort of Gambas fundation to collect gifts.
>
> Will it be a real non-profit organization or an informal one?

It will be a non-profit organization. If I want to make profit, I make my own
company without disturbing people. :-)

It will be informal at the beginning, because creating a non-profit
association in France takes three months, needs a president and a treasurer,
needs a board of directors, and I don't know how non-French people can
subscribe to the association.

If the gifts become important, I think I will be obliged to create a formal
structure, but at the moment, I think simpler is better.

> > Many people help Gambas by providing code, translations, Wiki server,
> > help, etc... Giving money (a little) could be a way for people without
> > technical skills to help the project.
>
> Some companies could donate significant amounts if they could deduce
> that from their taxes; other companies could donate equipament and
> services.

In France, I need to create a non-profit association (1901 law) that must be
officially recognized by the government. Elsewhere, the gifts cannot be
deduced from the taxes. And to be recognized, such an association must exist
from at least 5 years (I think), and must have an important budget and number
of members !

> > For example, I could use the gifts to do the following :
> >
> > - Buying VMWare.
> > - Buying an ADSL access, so that I can download the last version of any
> > distributions. (I have a 56K modem)
> > - Buying SuSE 8.2, or other distributions I can't download.
> > - Debugging Gambas on all these systems.
> > - ...
>
> The most important: working full time on Gambas. :)

This is another problem !

> > I will publish my own bank account international coordinates : they are
> > just two codes, the IBAN code and the SWIFT code.
> >
> > With these two codes, everybody in the world can transfer money on my
> > bank account.
>
> I think PayPal & Amazon are better solutions.

I know PayPal. But what is Amazon ?

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...