[Gambas-user] I need help about telnet/ssh access

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Aug 4 21:56:09 CEST 2003

On Monday 04 August 2003 15:12, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> How can they grant me a telnet or ssh root access on their system
> (Mandrake, RedHAT, SuSE, ...) ?

well, if they're okay with the command line, here it is for mandrake :)

1. get a root shell
2. urpmi openssh-server
3. useradd benoit
4. passwd benoit (and have them set your password to something useful)
5. service sshd start
6. ifconfig (and have them tell you what their IP address is ;) )

if they later want to remove ssh server, "urpme openssh-server"

I expect the procedure wouldn't be too much longer under Debian, not sure
about Redhat or Suse....

Rob