[Gambas-user] Crashes with pictures

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Fri Aug 1 11:34:58 CEST 2003

Le Jeudi 31 Juillet 2003 17:32, Volker Schmid a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a lot of strange problems using Gambas 0.62 (Madrake 9.1 with
> Kudla-RPM's).
>
> If I place a picture (PNG-Format with 800x800 pixels) in the project-folder
> and draw a simple Image-Control onto the form it is everything ok. But if I
> want to set the Picture-Property (pressing the [...] button) the whole IDE
> crashes. I think the picture is to great to handle for the file-requester?

It works hear with the new picture selector. Maybe this a bug that was fixed
by Fabien, I don't know.

> There are also many errors when I try to load this picture into a
> picture-control. I found no way to do this. The builtin Icon-Editor can
> open and display this picture with no problems (Right-Click and Edit).
>
> Then I try this:
>
> PicRennstrecke.Picture = Picture["Rennstrecke.png"]
>
> And after every error ("The program has returned the value: 1" followed by
> "Unknown Symbol 'Picture' in class 'DrawingArea'"), I have to restart the
> Gambas-IDE, because the program won't compile a second time to test
> something.
>
> If I set a Code like this:
>
> DIM KoordX[200] AS Integer
> KoordX[200]=10
>
> The whole program says "The program has returned the value: 1" followed by
> "Out of bounds". This is ok, but after this error I can't compile anymore.
> I have to close and restart Gambas.
>
> How can I help to identify those problems?

This is a bug in the interpreter debugger that makes the IDE mad. I found
another bug too (try to enter into a 'USEd' project while debugging). I have
just fixed them for the next version.

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...