[Gambas-user] gambas writing to /tmp

na2492 at ...9... na2492 at ...9...
Tue Apr 22 10:08:40 CEST 2003

>On Saturday 19 April 2003 11:54 pm, Charlie wrote:
>> May be that is only a special Knoppix, and don't apear on other Linux
>> systems, but writing to /tmp and having no right for in my case means no

>> working with gambas.
>> I had a look to the properties of /tmp on 3 differend Linux-system, they

>> are allways the same.
>
>/tmp directory is designed to be a local scrapbook for all users and daemons,

>so it should be open for everyone. Now, there are some known issues with
>everyone being able to fully access that directory (some userland security

>issues and some race conditions), but it shouldn't be of concern. As far as
>know Knoppix, it is designed to run from CD and keep /tmp in RAM disk, as

>well as other directories. If there's something like rwx------ for your /tmp

>directory, you can change it to allow other users to access it (chmod 777

>/tmp), then add sticky bit if you like. That should fix that problem, and as

>far as I remember, there is some possibility to save state of your Knoppix
on
>a floppy disk so you can reuse it next time you boot to Knoppix... my 0.02�

Thanks ,

like I worte, the access- rights to /tmp are the same as on my SuSE 7.2 and
SuSE 8.0.

The Knoppix I use is 3.2 and is installed on a HD ( using knx-hdinstall ).

My actual workaround is working as root, that creates no problem, because that
is single VM-engine with a host-only network.

Charlie

* Gesendet mit / Sent by: FEN-Webmail * http://www.fen-net.de *