[Gambas-user] Static programs

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Oct 1 22:46:37 CEST 2002

Le Mardi 1 Octobre 2002 19:28, Brian Snipes a écrit :
> Is it possible to compile a Gambas project so that the executable contains
> the QT libraries that it needs instead of searching the system for them?
>
> Brian Snipes

Well, I must say no, even if it could be theorically possible !

Gambas executables are not REAL executables. There are just archives of
compiled class that are sent to the interpreter. To do that, gambas
executables files begin with the "shell magic" #!/usr/bin/gbx -x"

Creating a static gambas executable needs a gambas interpreter that do not
load its components, but has everyone statically compiled. Interpreter
component management routines need a rewrite to do that. Are you volunteer ?
;-)

--
Benoît Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...