[Gambas-user] Installation failed

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 6 19:35:36 CET 2002

Le Mardi 5 Novembre 2002 17:56, Stefan Bell a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I'd tried to install gambas (as root). The installation procedure seems
> to be
> right, but If I type "gambas", I got only the error message
> "Segmentation fault".
>
> I've the Mandrake 9.0 distribution
>
> Hope you can help me.
>
> Regards
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

It's very strange, as I have tried on two different machines with Mandrake 9.0
and everything was fine.

Could you trace gambas with gdb the following way ? Let's suppose you have
compiled gambas in your home directory :

$ cd ~/gambas-0.39/app/gambas
$ gbc -ag
Compiling /home/benoit/gambas/test/gambas/FWelcome.class...
Compiling /home/benoit/gambas/test/gambas/CConfig.class...
Compiling /home/benoit/gambas/test/gambas/FNewClass.class...
OK
$ gdb gbx
GNU gdb 5.2.1-2mdk (Mandrake Linux)
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run

When gambas segfaults, gdb will stop. Then, type the "bt" command and send me
the result.

(gdb) bt

Thanks by advance.

Benoît Minisini