[Gambas-user] Gambas 0.39 and Form-file Fluttering on SuSE

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Sat Nov 16 22:45:12 CET 2002

Salut Benoit,

first I'v to tell you that 0.39 has less, call it 'bugs' if you want.
seconde on my  SuSE 7.2 (updated Spetember 2002) with KDE 2.2.2 (QT 2.3.1)
on Kernl 2.4.4  and QT 3.0.5 manually updated runs fine.

But I made a Test on a VMWare machine with SuSE 8.0 KDE 3.0 and QT 3.0.3.
Installed and nothing changed (Network only set to DHCP).

After installing Gambas 0.39,
I copied my TEST  Project.
It was running.
I changed some values in the class-file, running fine.

After changing the Button.Text in the Form-file Fluttering starts.
Sometimes it starts after closing the Form, sometimes when I clicked something
on the gambas menu after.

Now,  on a clean machine, I installed QT-3.0.5 (like written in INSTALL './configure -thread').
Used conf.qt (which set QT to /usr/local/qt)
RESULT : no more fluttering Forms
BUT    : I found 2 cases to freez the startup.
	1. after changes made on a form
	2. close the project with ME.close (not clicking the X)
The DeBug-Box raise, but the elements dit not apear.

regards Charlie