[Gambas-user] VAL bug

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 16 22:46:31 CEST 2002

Le Dimanche 14 Juillet 2002 21:29, ejl a écrit :
> There is still a bug in the VAL function in Gambas-0.34a.
>
> 	<0.20> returns a float (OK)
> 	<.20> returns NULL (this should also return a float)
>
> I have attached a simple test program.
>
> The Gambas IDE editor features copy, cup, and paste don't work when running
> the Windows Maker desktop or I am doing something wrong.
>
> Regards.
> Elias Livaditis

Well, it is not really a bug, since nobody writes 0,20 as ,20 in
France :-)

But as every language seems to convert floating point number like
that, I think I must follow the move ! I will correct that in
the next version if you answer me the following questions :

".20" is 0.20, that's OK
"2." must be 2, so ?
But "." must not be 0 ?
But ".0" must be 0 ?