[Gambas-devel] Gambas Unit-Test

Christof Thalhofer chrisml at ...757...
Tue Jun 27 20:56:38 CEST 2017

Am 27.06.2017 um 20:26 schrieb PICCORO McKAY Lenz:
> great and wonderfully, good job

Thanks :-)

> I would like to contribute to Gambass with this project:
> https://github.com/Deganius/gb.deg.unittest
> <https://github.com/Deganius/gb.deg.unittest>
>
> Could this become an official component of future Gambas and if yes,
> how?
>
> It is runnning stable in all my projects, and does its job quite
> well. But I have to call its state "alpha" because it lacks
> integration into the IDE.
>

> like the java unit testing suite ... user create t4esting methods an
> define expected results in the test suite.. run the test and see the
> results.. very good..
>
> maybe a console interface/version will be need due many targets are
> packagin objetives... so must take in consideration a console
> versino that packaging tools can called

Yes. The component could be divided into two parts, one that does the
testing and outputs to console and a separated gui part.

One thing that is ugly: If it is used to test a library and the lib is
afterwords used by another project, in that project the
Unittest-component has also to be defined as component.

I did not find any way around that.

Alles Gute

Christof Thalhofer

--