[Gambas-devel] Gambas 3.10 - gb.web.feed

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 28 16:16:03 CEST 2017

Le 28/07/2017 à 15:57, Tobias Boege a écrit :

>> Sorry, I forgot to deal with your requests.
>>

> And I came back from vacation just recently. As I see 3.10 wasn't released
> yet. I'll try to push the changes today, if we can agree on them.

I go to vacation tommorow, and come back next week. So I think I will
make the release in a week, so that you have more time.

>> You should internally use Gambas date, not strings, as Gambas date are
>> internally UTC timestamps.
>>
>> The trick is that when you make a date with Date(Year, Month, ...), the
>> values you are giving are in the local timezone.
>>
>> This is the reason why I'm substracting Frac(Date(Now)): it moves the date
>> to the UTC time zone (as Now is in local time, the fractional part of
>> Date(Now) converted to float is the timezone).
>>
>> Frac(Date(Now)) and -(System.TimeZone / 86400) are the same value (up to the
>> 4th decimal digit, because of different precision).
>>
>> And isn't the timezone mandatory in a RFC822 date?
>
> Yes, the timezone is mandatory there.
>
> So, how about this: I make a class called RssDate where I store a UTC-based
> timestamp (aka Date) and a timezone string. As I mentioned before, I think
> the timezone string is necessary to let the user specify what timezone the
> date will be printed in.
>
> When an RFC822 date is read, I want to have its timezone string and the
> timestamp of that date converted to UTC. When an RFC822 date is written,
> I take the UTC timestamp and convert it to the string representation in
> the timezone that the user wants to print the date in.
>
> If that sounds reasonable, I can get to work now.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Why do you need the timezone part of the RFC822 date as a string? Why
not just using Gambas Date and the Date.ToRFC822() / Date.FromRFC822()
functions?

--
Benoît Minisini