[Gambas-devel] Change to gb.db.odbc to use ODBC Connection Strings.

zxMarce d4t4full at ...176...
Mon Oct 5 17:25:39 CEST 2015

Benoît,

Still working on this, sorry it took so long; real-life got in the way.

As stated, it works with data-retrieving loops. But the IDE's Connection
Wizard and at least two data-bound controls (the only ones I tried) fail
when filling in their data.

Here's a screen shot of a quick-test I made:

<http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/file/n53761/ODBC_%28MSSql%29_and_MySQL_data-bound_controls.png>

Just if you cannot see the image or if it fails to upload, the ODBC
databound control shows "DataView.TableView_Data.420: Null object" in every
field of every row.

I had two connections made in the IDE. One uses ODBC against a MSSQL server,
the other uses MySQL against a DB I created on localhost. Both have the same
table definition, but I limited MySQL to 2 records instead of the 57 MSSQL
had (it's even stranger that the ODBC-bound controls "knew" the Result had
57 records, but failed to show any data at all)

As you can see, the data-bound control gets the error
"DataView.TableView_Data.420: Null object", while MySQL works as expected.

I still have to try the MySQL-ODBC connector, but I pre-assume it will fail
the same way it does with MSSQL.

Hope this helps make data-bound controls work. As usual, if I can help in
any way, just say the word. I'll be beautifying ODBC's main.c module next.

TIA,
zxMarce.