[Gambas-devel] Change to gb.db.odbc to use ODBC Connection Strings.

zxMarce d4t4full at ...176...
Thu Aug 27 19:23:37 CEST 2015

Tobias,

I followed -and think understood- most of what you've written, and I plan to
read the info linked to see if that clears some doubts I still have.

Regarding "Johnny", it was just an example. What I meant is that if I leave
a non-null-string as the .User connection property in Gambas code, the
component (or gb.db, I don't know) segfaults. On the other hand, if I assign
any non-null-string to the .User connection property, this string is ignored
(which is OK for the mod I made, as the user name is supplied in the
connection string) and the component connects successfully.

It is a bad annoyance to have to preassign properties that are not actually
used in a component.

I think you may continue to hear/read (more nonsense) from me, it looks like
you know your C and Gambas components!

Thanks,
zxMarce.