[Gambas-devel] Question about singleton class

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 13 17:32:15 CEST 2014

Le 13/09/2014 15:17, Tobias Boege a écrit :
> I would agree that a note in the docs is due that closing a lock Stream
> is the same as unlocking it and that you can close your stream in some
> subtle ways such as the above one.

I will add a warning in the documentation about that.

> By no means I meant that. Apparently, removing a lock and removing a
> *lock file* are two different things.

Yes.

LOCK = Create a file if it does not exist, open it, and then do a
lockf() on the entire file contents.

UNLOCK = Just close the file descriptor.

The only problem I see is that LOCK truncates the file to zero bytes,
which is not necessary. I may change that in the future.

Benoît Minisini