[Gambas-devel] Creating a Control

John Leake jleake at ...741...
Mon Sep 8 17:50:40 CEST 2014

> Exactly. There is no inheritance of control icons. What for? Two
> different controls should not have the same icons, otherwise we can't
> distinguish them in the toolbar.

Stand back, think and pause for a moment.

Let say a user wants to test the IDE and create a control quickly and
effortlessly. They create MyToggleButton based on ToggleButton and that
should be all.

They can then edit the graphic and can visually tell them apart. It
allows users to stand on the shoulders of giants and feel confident that
there are no errors (except for those that may have existed already of
course).