[Gambas-devel] Multi-level virtual objects, inheritance and symbol resolution mess

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 6 17:53:16 CEST 2014

Le 06/09/2014 17:51, Benoît Minisini a écrit :

>> I wanted to adhere to this rule but the problem is/was that _Graph_Vertex
>> was virtual and Gambas classes needed to inherit it but IIRC you cannot
>> inherit classes beginning with a dot in Gambas (syntactically).
>>

> See my previous answer. Inheriting virtual classes does not really work,
> as dynamic symbol dispatching cannot occur with virtual classes.

There is a solution :

- Do not inherit _Graph_Vertex, or anyother virtual class.
- But add _Graph_Vertext methods and properties to the internal interface.

Benoît Minisini