[Gambas-devel] Some labels couldn't be translated

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 15 01:34:04 CEST 2014

Le 15/10/2014 01:21, Jesus a écrit :
> Hi devs!
>
> My name is Jesus, and recently I decided to give my little help to
> Gambas, by translating the IDE into Spanish (es_ES) and continue doing
> so with the examples, etc. I haven't much time, but always wanted to do
> so in reward for the good times using Gambas since 2006.
>
> Many thanks to all of you who contributed in any way to this wonderful
> project.
>
> Let me explain some issues I'm having:
>
> I'm trying to translate *all* texts in IDE to Spanish, so far so good,
> but I've found that there is a strange behaviour in FMenu, whose labels
> are not translatable (at least, these don't appear in the translation
> tool). Could it be a bug when there is a number of nested containers?

These labels must not be translated, they are property names.

> Also, I wonder if Benoît doesn't mind if I make translatable the
> captions in the ToolBox (FToolBox.class, line 24)

They are not translatable at the moment. You must not modify this line,
as these strings are constant located in the components.

To make toolbox titles translatable, another array must be added that
would be dedicated to store the translated version of these strings.

I will do that in the next version.

Benoît Minisini