[Gambas-devel] Compiling on Mac OSX

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...176...
Sun Nov 16 02:35:05 CET 2014

Hey there!

So, I've tried compiling Gambas 3.6.2 on Mac OSX. The interpreter compiles
and build just fine, along with the built in components. My problem for now
is compiling gb.qt4. I know it relies heavily in having X11 installed with
the required libraries. I have done everything i could think of to get it
to compile, but it fails every time.

I noticed there is a special build path when there is no X11 server
available on Mac OSX, but it seems that it is always disabled. Attached is
the log of my first test. As you will see, there seems to be a missing
include for X11/Xlib.h on the main.h file. Once i add it and the XEvent
symbol is resolved, it continues for  bit more. The second log file
(*.1.log) has the error stopping me. It seems like it is coming from qt
itself, but i have no idea why. I compiled QT4 myself for the record.

I have every library QT requires installed, as far as i know, but if you
need any more info please let me know. I'm not sure what is relevant and
what is not in this case.

As a side note. Last week i tried removing all the code on gb.qt4 for when
there is no x11 available. It compiled a lot more of the object files, but
ended up failing with a very similar error anyway.

If necessary, i think i could provide ssh access to my computer. I don't
know exactly how to set that up, but if it is needed i can look it up.

Thanks!