[Gambas-devel] Subversion

Willy Raets willy at ...732...
Sun Jun 29 20:06:49 CEST 2014

On zo, 2014-04-13 at 15:44 +0200, Tobias Boege wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, Willy Raets wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Beno??t granted me write access to the Gambas svn repo a while ago.
> > This so I would be able to upload translations myself, instead of
> > sending all to him.
> >
> > I had a look at the instructions in the Gambas
> > Wiki(http://gambaswiki.org/wiki/howto/svn).
> >
> > Somehow it is not working for me, so either something in the
> > instructions is not quite as it should or I am misunderstanding them.
> >
> > For checkout wiki says:
> > svn checkout --username=<user> svn
> > +ssh://gambas@...733.../p/gambas/code/gambas/trunk
> >
> > I replaced user with my Source Forge account name that Beno??t granted
> > write access, but this generated some errors:
> >
> > willy at ...734... ~/Gambas3 $ svn checkout --username=<myusername> svn
> > +ssh://gambas@...733.../p/gambas/code/gambas/trunk
> > [1] 3703
> > bash: /usr/bin/lt: File or directory does not exist
> > bash: svn+ssh://gambas@...733.../p/gambas/code/gambas/trunk: File
> > or directory does not exist
> > willy at ...734... ~/Gambas3 $ svn: E205001: Try 'svn help' for more info
> > svn: E205001: Not enough arguments provided
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > P.S. I have done checkouts before, but just to compile and install
> > Gambas, never with write access. I have looked at svn help but it is not
> > helpful at all.
> >

> "<" is an HTML entity for "<", so the above --username parameter string
> would look like "--username=<myusername>", so that only denotes a
> placeholder. The correct line is:
>
> $ svn co --username=name svn+ssh://...
>
> where you literally replace "name" by your username.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

Finally had time to go on with this, but it is still not working.
I have done exactly as supposed to:

$ svn checkout --username=<replaced with my svn username> svn
+ssh://gambas@...733.../p/gambas/code/gambas/trunk

useraccount on sourceforge used in checkout.

Password:
Password:
Password:

Next I get next is this?? What password is needed here?

gambas at ...733...'s password:
gambas at ...733...'s password:
gambas at ...733...'s password:
svn: To better debug SSH connection problems, remove the -q option from
'ssh' in the [tunnels] section of your Subversion configuration file.
svn: Network connection closed unexpectedly

So no success in getting trunk downloaded to do some translations.

--
Kind regards,

Willy (aka gbWilly)

http://gambasshowcase.org/