[Gambas-devel] Suggestion : Gambas Unit Testing

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...176...
Tue Dec 9 21:48:07 CET 2014

Le Tue, 09 Dec 2014 16:09:23 +0100, Tobias Boege <taboege at ...176...> wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Dec 2014, Adrien Prokopowicz wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I know some people who waited for this. Thank you!
>
> An extra "gbt3" would be the way I prefer, and maybe *somehow* the
> ability
> to specify tests in plain text, i.e. not Gambas code. But that point can
> safely be left for the future.

I would still like to know precisely what you have in mind, though. :)

> I always imagined the IDE integration to happen in a new .unit directory
> in the project directory. This would also enable the archiver to leave
> unit tests out when creating a *.gambas file. At least it would be nice
> if source and unit tests are somehow separated.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

At first, I wanted to put the unit test in the .src/.unit directory. It
was compiling and running fine, but the directory (and its files) didn't
show up in the IDE. So until the IDE supports it, tests will stay in
.src/unit.

I like the idea of putting them in a new .unit directory next to .src, but
this may require quite a bit of changes in the compiler. I guess Benoît
will tell us if it is (reasonably) possible.

--
Adrien Prokopowicz