[Gambas-devel] Gambas Magazine - Update

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Fri Aug 22 01:29:06 CEST 2014

Hi Tobias,

I can work up a list of topics for a 12 month period (4 issues). There was
an article on Intro to genetic programming in the last issue. I provided
many images to my artist who is only an artist (painting, sculpting,
etc...) and she did what she could in the limited time she had and did it
as a favor. But it wasn't what I was hoping for either. Still, you don't
look a gift horse in the mouth...

I'll work up themes for each issue and article ideas. However, they will
not be exclusive. If other ideas for article come about we can include them
into the issue that best fits them.

Thanks for you help (again)

Randall

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Tobias Boege <taboege at ...176...> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2014, Randall Morgan wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > First thank you to all who provided comments and feed back on the first
> > issue of Gambas Magazine. Now that I am back in the city I am focused on
> >  the next issue of Gambas Magazine which will be released on October 1st.
> > As usually, we are in need of articles of interest to Gambas users and
> > developers.
> >
> > The next issue will focus on Game development with Gambas and will also
> > include follows-ups on the multi-part articles in the last issue.
> >
> > I am in great need of contributors to author articles, proof read, and do
> > technical reviews of articles before publishing, and provide artwork for
> > covers and articles. If you or someone you know would like to contribute,
> > please contact me.
> >

> I volunteer to proof read. Especially the interesting stuff :-) _Maybe_ I
> can do something game-related with gb.ncurses but being born in the mid-90s
> plus not being into games, I need to do serious research to find ideas...
>
> I would personally like to put my share of extra emphasis on the artwork
> part. The last cover featuring a tux and a grid of Gnome (?) feet wasn't
> quite to the point. I felt like it said: "we're doing some generic Linux
> stuff here, I guess". (Maybe the feet related to the subtitle "Getting our
> feet wet" but I instantly associated the Gnome logo.) I'm not artistically
> trained so all I can say is that it missed something in my view...
>
> It would be great if an "official" list of topics would be on the website
> so that I can spread the word to the German Gambas community.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi
>
> --

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?