[Gambas-devel] generate documentation from source code? how

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...176...
Thu Sep 5 08:49:45 CEST 2013

This subject came up a year or more ago. The issue is that for sme like me
who travel a lot, you have no access to the documentation when you have no
internet connection. It was discussed then that a solution such as what
MSVS uses would be a good compromise. That is to allow the user to download
a copy of the online docs and provide a local search. This was discussed
but no development was ever done on this. I still think it is a good
idea....

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...> wrote:

> 2013/9/5 PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard at ...176...>
>
>> From: Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...176...>
>>
>>> Not done yet
>>>

>> Errr |@#½~@#~½
>>
>> OK OK but at leas how gambas team generated their documentation on the
>> web page, by example...
>>
>> and there's some way to made IDE do not search for documentation on the
>> web, and search for locally instaled, i mean where i get help on the IDE
>> the help windows get all contents from gambasdoc web, and i wish to made
>> from localhost or locally files
>>

> Make what ?  you wan't the gb doc t be local ?

>> Learn the latest--Visual Studio 2012, SharePoint 2013, SQL 2012, more!
>> Discover the easy way to master current and previous Microsoft
>> technologies
>> and advance your career. Get an incredible 1,500+ hours of step-by-step
>> tutorial videos with LearnDevNow. Subscribe today and save!
>>
>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041391&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> --
> Fabien Bodard

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?