[Gambas-devel] Don't wait for me

Tobias Boege tobias at ...692...
Sun Oct 6 17:28:57 CEST 2013

Hi Benoit,

I've currently reached a dead end with my Trie class I wanted you to wait
for before releasing Gambas 3.5.

I've spent days over days debugging and valgrinding memory issues (from
double frees over segfaults to corruption and undefined jumps which I
suspect to all have exactly one source together) - but to no avail. (The one
annoying thing about the Gambas memory management - which takes quite some
worries away from you - is that you find problems mostly reported from
MEMORY_exit()/MEMORY_clear_cache() when it's way too late.)

I have one less quiet week now in which I will start to rewrite these few
functions I just can't find the error in (it's almost funny how annoying
this is :-)).

This is just to let you know that you don't need to wait any longer from my
point.

Regards,
Tobi