[Gambas-devel] What about cmake?

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...176...
Sat Oct 5 02:15:55 CEST 2013

Hey there!

Wondering today how cmake works, i started migrating gambas from autotools
as a test.

As of now, only the main/ directory is ported, so it's not a big deal.

Ohh, wait! IT IS. The equivalent of <./reconf && ./configure> now only
takes 2 seconds! And i can see a percentage report!

real 0m2.022s
user 0m1.595s
sys 0m0.374s

It is a bit dirty, but the compiler and interpreter build just fine. I have
yet to test if they work, but i haven't finished the installation rules.

As a note, cmake also integrates with svn to get the revision, so i had to
tinker around with some include definitions. libtool was also causing
trouble, i'm not exactly sure how it works, so i disabled it for the moment.

I will start porting the rest of the components tree tomorrow to see if i
can get something stable enough.

Hope you like it!