[Gambas-devel] SAVEPOINT suport and nested standard transactions

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 28 18:46:55 CET 2013

Le 28/11/2013 17:42, PICCORO McKAY Lenz a écrit :
> Reading documentastion for transactions i note that only mysqlito
> support that and only by fes engines.. so then sqlite, postgres and
> odbc  do not support..
>
> since sqlite 3.6.16 and sybase 12 (including anywhere) support
> SAVEPOINTS m,y question its:
>
> Does gambas have the support into languaje for hconn.SavePoint(Optional
> label) or hconn.SaveRelease(Optional label)?
>
> due i do not see into documentation!
>
> Refers:
>
> 1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savepoint
> 2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nested_transaction
>

> Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
> http://qgqlochekone.blogspot.com

There is no support for that in gb.db, as I'm not sure it is possible in
the three DBMS supported by Gambas (PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQLite).

But you can use the Exec() method to issue any SQL command you want, so
if there is a standard syntax for savepoints, I think you will be able
to deal with that.

Benoît Minisini