[Gambas-devel] OpenGL component and more.

tommyline at ...674... tommyline at ...674...
Mon Mar 18 10:40:12 CET 2013

Hi Benoit,

According to your suggestions, I write via devel list.

>> I tried to epand my trunk to my needs as
>> they arose. Then I decided to add some more interesting features
>> which could increase performance. I thought, I'm the only one
>> interested in OpenGL programming, but some people contacted me
>> recently, and I realized that some of the features could be of use
>> for them. I can't commit to SVN beacause my trunk is a real mess at
>> the moment and I'm not totally sure if all I've done (I'm almost sure
>> not) is done properly. If you could just read the rest of the letter
>> and see the class I've attached. I would be really happy for any
>> comments about it.

>Hi,

>Here is what I suggest. Tell me if you agree and/or if you have questions:

Yes, I agree 100%.

>1) Clean-up your local repository, so that you can commit safely.
>Sending me source files so that I commit them for you will take my time
>for something useless as you can do it directly! Get a sourceforge
>account, and send it me so that I give you write access to the repository.

Done. My sourceforge account is "tommyline". Do you need any more info?

>2) If you want to do experiments, and use the subversion repository, you
>can create your own branch in the /branches directory in the repository.
>Once done, you can merge your changes to the /trunk.

This is the biggest question mark.
1. I've noticesd some changes in commiting to subversion, but didn't put much attention to it, have to check archive for guidance, but I don't know how to operate on branches (or how to create ny own directory there). Would be gratefull for some advice.
2. If I wanted to add some opengl subcomponent (GLFW for instance), how can I do it properly?
3. I was thinking of md2model as a part of a game engine, so I tink it would be named as something like gb.sge (simple game engine - particle system to follow, rigid body to be developed etc.). Do you think it would be ok to create that component?

>3) Apparently, your class can only be created by calling the Load()
>method. So you must add "GB_NOT_CREATABLE()," inside the class
>declaration so that the user cannot create a Md2Model with the NEW
>instruction.

Corrected.

>4) You should follow the following convention for naming the
>implementation of class methods or properties:

>i.e.: `Md2Model_Load` instead of `MD2LOAD`. It's more readable, and it's
>the one I use now.

Corrected too.

>5) I don't know a lot of things about OpenGL, so don't hesitate to add
>some comments to explain what you want to achieve. That way, it will be
>easier for me to help you!

Comments in class files, I can do that, but could you explain how to add documentation pages about new methods in new classes?

>6) Please communicate through the developer mailing-list, so that
>everything is archived and searchable.
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Benoît Minisini